Thursday, January 28, 2010

#11 - Mango Pizza



Oh Janet, DON'T PUT THE MANGO IN THE MICROWAVE! For the love of god, mangoes have done the exact opposite of anything that would make them deserving of this fate. They're so tasty and juicy and fresh. I just can't understand you, Janet.

So yeah, this is mango and mushrooms and "pizza spices" and bacon bits and mozzarella cheese, on a ricecake, heated "for 40-60 seconds or until cheese is bubbling and melting."

First of all, mozzarella cheese is stupid. It's my least favourite of all the cheeses, though I guess there must be good kinds, because it always tastes just fine on pizza I don't make myself. Whenever I use mozzarella cheese myself, I find it really flavourless. Maybe that's where the pizza spices are supposed to be useful.

So, like, what are "pizza spices?" I used Italian seasoning and basil and thyme and I don't think I made it taste right. And what's up with the no pizza sauce? I want to say I think pizza sauce would have made this better, but I'm not actually certain this is true, considering the soggy factor.

The mushrooms, of course, were raw. A little warm, but raw, and why would anyone eat raw mushrooms when they could eat ones that have been cooked?

Bacon bits were okay. Ever since I stopped being a vegetarian a few months ago, I have fallen in love with bacon, and even the artificial bacon flavouring is a little bit exciting.

But the mango slices were by far the best part. I would take a bite and think about how much the mango pizza tasted like cardboard, when suddenly I'd actually taste the mango, and I can't tell you happy this made my taste buds.

I think, and I may be wrong, but I think this might be the only recipe involving a microwave that I actually finished. So if being able to force an entire meal down my throat makes a ricecake recipe a success, then this one's a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment