Saturday, January 16, 2010

#7 - Smoked Mussels




I love green olives and mussels almost as much as I hate tomatoes, but I just knew there was no way this could be good. They're both such great foods, but I can totally see how they wouldn't hit it off.

I may not have been fair with this one, though. I was really, really determined to hate it. I just couldn't get over the idea of this recipe: Spread tartar sauce on a ricecake, cover with a layer of mussels, a layer of olives, and top with sour cream. WHAT?! This is like a joke meal. It's like that shot you buy people for their nineteenth birthday, with all of that tabasco sauce.

I was going to serve these to my bandmates at today's practice, but I really couldn't bring myself to guilt or trick anyone into eating them. But brave, brave Jill helped me out, without coercion, by breaking off a small piece of my ricecake for herself. She is not a fan either.

I seriously still feel ill just thinking about this meal, but I truly believe that it can't get any worse. I'm not even afraid of marshmallow fluff anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment