Wednesday, January 13, 2010

#6 - Microdog


a
h


So I've decided to stop including the recipes in my write-ups from now on. A friend of mine recently discovered
a "Remarkable Ricecake Recipes" website and I'm a little nervous about getting into trouble for copyright infringement or something. Back when I assumed the book was no longer in print and that its author had never heard of the internet, it didn't really concern me a great deal.

But please don't fret. I'm pretty sure you'll nonetheless figure out how to make these recipes if you really want to. OR you can purchase the book yourself, from Janet MacNab's website! I'll link to it later on when I'm not in a such a hurry.

Microdogs. I bet I don't have to tell you that these involved slices of hot dog wieners and slices of cheese atop of ricecakes that were then heated in microwave. They were no Brandon's Peanut Butter Snack, I can tell you that much. Maybe the worst recipe yet. I made the mistake of taking a bite after mine had cooled down for a bit. Cold and soggy ricecake. To be fair, Janet MacNab suggested adding condiments and sauerkraut, and I did not.

At least I had some commiseration this time! I had a band practice, and I made The Larry Morgan Fan Club try these. And Andy's visiting mom, too! I don't think they loved them either.

This all went down on Sunday afternoon. I haven't eaten any ricecakes since, but I'm going grocery shopping tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment