Monday, February 15, 2010

#15 - Rice Crisp




I made Rice Crisp last night, but I'm just getting around to writing about it now. I figured that two was one too many entries for one day. I remember it well, though, unfortunately.

The second best part about Rice Crisp is that it is very simple to make, but I have no idea why you would want to. It's weird, and way too sweet. The first best part about Rice Crisp is that it involves marshmallow fluff. I don't mean for it to sound like I think marshmallow fluff is a good thing, because I certainly do not. I know I sounded pretty pro-fluff back in January, but I'm attributing that to not having understood the product at all, and in anticipation of the worst taste ever, its actual taste was a pleasant surprise. If you recall, I got very excited about how it reminded me of being a kid (because it tasted like meringue). Well, I'll take this opportunity to let you know that boiled brussels sprouts and frozen fish sticks also remind me of being a kid. (This wasn't that bad, though!) Anyway, the marshmallow fluff's inclusion was the best part of this recipe because the jar got that much closer to being emptied.

So I stirred a bunch of Rice Krispies into some marshmallow fluff. Well, not really Rice Krispies, like the recipe called for, but the no-name brand knock off. They didn't seem inferior, but it's been years since I've eaten Rice Krispies, so don't take my word for it. Then I spread this chunky, crispy, messy goo onto a ricecake, and I ate it.

I did eat the whole thing, but it wasn't enjoyable. It was just way too sweet. And rice krispies on a ricecake?! That's a lot of rice. I have to wonder how Janet came up with this one. Thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment