Sunday, March 14, 2010

#16 - Lightweight Pizza

p


I know it's been a while. Thank you for your patience, dear readers, but I make no apologies. I was very, very busy for a couple of weeks, and out of town for a bit, and I have spent the last week or so playing catch-up. I guess I felt like this blog was a comparatively low priority. And then, of course, the farther away from it I got, the less I thought about it. But I knew, yesterday, when I voluntarily ate a ricecake, plain, as a snack, that it was time to get back at this.

Lightweight Pizza was very odd. In fact, I'm not convinced that there weren't a number of mistakes made at the printer's. I think, for example, that I may have repeated instructions that weren't meant to have been repeated. But I wasn't going to complain about or question too thoroughly a ricecake recipe that does not utilize a ricecake as its base!

The base in this instance was sliced mushrooms, and on top of those were onions, mozzerella cheese, both green and red peppers, pizza spices, pepperoni, salami, green olives, and ricecake pieces! I actually think more meals like this should exist: just a plate full of good stuff. I've never been a big fan of bread, or pizza crust, or crackers; I've always just viewed these things as flat, edible surfaces to put good stuff on. Much like ricecakes.

I think I also enjoyed this one because the vegetables were actually kind of cooked rather than just being heated.

I should mention that I'm using flavoured ricecakes now! I bought the cheese flavoured kind. I told myself that I'd make it through the first few recipes without being too deviant, but I figure it's okay to experiement a little, having fifteen recipes under my belt.

Thanks again, patient readers. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment